Sundays and Seasons supports comprehensive week-by-week planning with content and ideas for liturgy and music, preaching and visuals, shaped by the Revised Common Lectionary, the church year, and the assembly gathered around word and sacrament.
Worship planners and leaders, preachers, presiding ministers, worship committees, musicians, visual artists, sacristans and altar guilds, and those who create congregational worship folders, will find an indispensable companion in Sundays and Seasons as they prepare for worship each week.
A diverse group of more than 50 contributors from across the church has provided:
- Day and reading introductions
- Propers: prayer of the day, gospel acclamation, scripture texts, preface, color
- Examples of prayers of intercession for each Sunday and major festival
- Exploration of images in the readings
- Ideas for approaching the day and its texts in preaching and worship
- Ideas for deepening children's engagement with worship
- Assembly song suggestions from a variety of resources in a wide range of musical styles
- Choral, children's choir, keyboard/instrumental, and handbell recommendations
- Notes on commemorations
- Seasonal introductions
- Reproducible worship texts for the seasons
- Reproducible rites for days and occasions, including a midweek Lenten
- New cover art by Christina Saj and interior art by Gertrud Mueller Nelson
- Introduction to the year of Luke
- Extensive bibliography
Use Sundays and Seasons print edition together with sundaysandseasons.com for effective and efficient planning, preparation, and production of all your worship needs.